page border

Chris Faulkner
Hello

I need a vertical line to appear a certain distance from the right
hand edge of my page. I have experimented with region-end  but Ican't
get anything to appear and none of the examples appear to use it. Is
this implemented and how can I use it to draw a vertical line from the
top to the bottom of the page ?

thanks

chris

Re: page border

JBryant
Hi, Chris,

You can get a line down the right side by putting all the rest of the
content in a single-cell table and specifying the height and border-right
properties of the cell, thus:

  <fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:simple-page-master master-name="only" margin-top="1in"
margin-bottom="1in" margin-left="1in" margin-right="1in">
      <fo:region-body region-name="only"/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>
  </fo:layout-master-set>
  <fo:page-sequence master-reference="only">
    <fo:flow flow-name="only">
      <fo:table table-layout="fixed">
        <fo:table-column column-width="6.5in"/>
        <fo:table-body>
          <fo:table-row>
            <fo:table-cell height="9in" border-right-color="black"
border-right-style="solid" border-right-width="1pt">
              <fo:block text-align="center">Your content here</fo:block>
            </fo:table-cell>
          </fo:table-row>
        </fo:table-body>
      </fo:table>
    </fo:flow>
  </fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>

When I tested it, I get a warning message, but I also get the PDF file I
wanted, so I'm ignoring the warning for now.

HTH

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Chris Faulkner <[hidden email]>