[jira] [Commented] (FOP-2728) Persian (Farsi) output problem with FOP

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[jira] [Commented] (FOP-2728) Persian (Farsi) output problem with FOP

JIRA jira@apache.org

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2728?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16089069#comment-16089069 ]

Jennifer Hodgdon commented on FOP-2728:
---------------------------------------

OK. I took the "simple.fo" file from the FOP distribution examples directory, and modified it slightly, to add the language attribute and rtl, and put in some sample Farsi text.

When I tried with with font-family="sans-serif" all I got was a bunch of # characters because the default font doesn't have the characters. So I went back to FreeFarsi. Still has the same problem of characters being "detatched".

I'll try to figure out how to attach files after I submit this comment...

> Persian (Farsi) output problem with FOP
> ---------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: FOP-2728
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2728
>             Project: FOP
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: renderer/pdf
>    Affects Versions: 2.1
>         Environment: Ubuntu 16.04 with xmlto 0.0.28
>            Reporter: Navid Emami
>              Labels: drupal
>         Attachments: mkebooks.sh, pdf-farsi.xsl, sample-output-final.zip, sample-output.zip
>
>
> We are having trouble making Persian (Farsi) language output with FOP.
> We are using the *xmlto* script with the --with-fop option to convert a DocBook file to PDF using FOP, which uses XSLT to first make a FO file, and then FOP to convert to PDF. We used the --noclean option to capture the intermediate FO XML file.
> We have verified that the Persian (Farsi) characters are readable in the DocBook and FO files. However, when we generate the PDF, the output is not readable. There are both _joined_ and _separated_ letters in Persian (Farsi) language but the output in PDF format has just separated ones.
> Note that there are some font issues in the PDF output as well -- missing glyphs -- those show as # characters, and are in the chapter/section headings. However, the main body of the text has no # characters, and it still has this problem.
> *Attachments:*
> * sample-output.zip contains small.docbook, small.fo, small.epub and small.pdf. The final output of PDF should be similar to EPUB.
> * sample-output-full.zip contains guide.epub and guide.pdf which are the complete documents but with wrong rendering of characters in PDF.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)
Loading...