[jira] [Comment Edited] (FOP-2728) Persian (Farsi) output problem with FOP

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[jira] [Comment Edited] (FOP-2728) Persian (Farsi) output problem with FOP

JIRA jira@apache.org

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2728?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16088852#comment-16088852 ]

Navid Emami edited comment on FOP-2728 at 7/16/17 8:33 AM:
-----------------------------------------------------------

On line 40 of mkebooks.sh we differentiate between LTR and RTL languages with separate XSL files. We tried to use default font settings at first and that didn't work either.


was (Author: novid):
On line 40 of mkebooks.sh we differentiate between LTR and RTL languages with separate XSL files.

> Persian (Farsi) output problem with FOP
> ---------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: FOP-2728
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2728
>             Project: FOP
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: renderer/pdf
>    Affects Versions: 2.1
>         Environment: Ubuntu 16.04 with xmlto 0.0.28
>            Reporter: Navid Emami
>              Labels: drupal
>         Attachments: mkebooks.sh, pdf-farsi.xsl, sample-output-final.zip, sample-output.zip
>
>
> We are having trouble making Persian (Farsi) language output with FOP.
> We are using the *xmlto* script with the --with-fop option to convert a DocBook file to PDF using FOP, which uses XSLT to first make a FO file, and then FOP to convert to PDF. We used the --noclean option to capture the intermediate FO XML file.
> We have verified that the Persian (Farsi) characters are readable in the DocBook and FO files. However, when we generate the PDF, the output is not readable. There are both _joined_ and _separated_ letters in Persian (Farsi) language but the output in PDF format has just separated ones.
> Note that there are some font issues in the PDF output as well -- missing glyphs -- those show as # characters, and are in the chapter/section headings. However, the main body of the text has no # characters, and it still has this problem.
> *Attachments:*
> * sample-output.zip contains small.docbook, small.fo, small.epub and small.pdf. The final output of PDF should be similar to EPUB.
> * sample-output-full.zip contains guide.epub and guide.pdf which are the complete documents but with wrong rendering of characters in PDF.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)
Loading...