how can read content of every rendered Page

how can read content of every rendered Page

robyp7 .
hi

I have a problem. I need to see the content of a page before it will be rendered by FOP, beacuse i need to get the content data (xml start tag + character data + xml end tag)
How can i? An impl of XMLReader needed? An example?

thanks

Roberto

Re: how can read content of every rendered Page

Pascal Sancho-2
Hi,
I don't understand what you mean.

Please provide an example:
 - your input
 - what you expect

--
pascal

Re: how can read content of every rendered Page

Eduard Tibet
Hi!

Pascal, I suggest Roberto doesn't fully understand the rendering chain
and the FOP role in it.

Roberto, did you know that the main role of FOP is to produce rendered
pages (i.e. PDF) from FO source - not from the XML itself!

If you look at the full chain for pdf: xml > fo > pdf, FOP role is fo
> pdf only. The xml > fo is only "bonus like" feature.

So the short answer is - try to use any xslt processor to produce fo
output (either standalone/cli or embedded) just as it is simple xsl
transformation (xml > fo).