fox:external-document not showing all pages

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

fox:external-document not showing all pages

Bonekrusher
Hi I am using fox:external-document to add a 8 page pdf to my pdf output via Apache FOP. On my machine (PC) the pdf is added and all 8 pages show up, however on another machine (PC) only the first page shows up.

I am using all the exact files on both machines (via svn).

here is the fo code:

<fox:external-document xmlns:fox="http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/extensions" content-type="pdf" src="C:\stylesheets\forms.pdf"/>

Any thoughts why this would work on one machine and not another?

Thanks,
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: fox:external-document not showing all pages

John Brown


bonekrusher wrote:

>
>
> Hi I am using fox:external-document to add a 8 page pdf to my pdf output via
> Apache FOP. On my machine (PC) the pdf is added and all 8 pages show up,
> however on another machine (PC) only the first page shows up.
>
> I am using all the exact files on both machines (via svn).
>
> here is the fo code:
>
>
> xmlns:fox="http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/extensions" content-type="pdf"
> src="C:\stylesheets\forms.pdf"/>
>
> Any thoughts why this would work on one machine and not another?
>
> Thanks,
> --

This is interesting. I thought that it was only capable of adding one page
(the first?) of a multi-page PDF. You probably have a more recent version of
the PDF image plug-in on the machine that works.

YOu can get the plug-in at:
http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/development/fop/index.html

Regards,
Alias John Brown.
     
_________________________________________________________________
Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_2
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: fox:external-document not showing all pages

Bonekrusher
Thanks John,

I double checked and reloaded the files on the PC that its not working and still having the problem. Perhaps the issue lies in the pdf...

Any other thoughts?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: fox:external-document not showing all pages

John Brown

bonekrusher wrote:
>
>
> Thanks John,
>
> I double checked and reloaded the files on the PC that its not working and
> still having the problem. Perhaps the issue lies in the pdf...
>
> Any other thoughts?
>

Apart from that, I don't have any ideas. I still believe that the
difference must be in the FOP installation on the machines. If you
are sure that both machines are using:

1) The same version of FOP
2) The same version of the PDF image plugin - what version
are you using by the way?
3) FOP is being invoked the same way - for example, your
CLASSPATH is set on both machines such that an older version
of (1) and (2) is not being found before the current version

then I don't know what it could be. If the same PDF works on
one machine and not the other, it cannot be the PDF.

Regards,
Alias John Brown.
     
_________________________________________________________________
Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: fox:external-document not showing all pages

J.Pietschmann
On 29.04.2010 19:31, John Brown wrote:
> I still believe that the
> difference must be in the FOP installation on the machines. If you
> are sure that both machines are using:
>
> 1) The same version of FOP
[etc.]

JRE vendor and version and in some cases even the OS
may be relevant too. In particular JREs on Linux tend
to have weird bugs which had caused FOP to malfunction
for some input in the past.

J.Pietschmann

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: fox:external-document not showing all pages

John Brown

J.Pietschmann wrote:>

> On 29.04.2010 19:31, John Brown wrote:
>> I still believe that the
>> difference must be in the FOP installation on the machines. If you
>> are sure that both machines are using:
>>
>> 1) The same version of FOP
> [etc.]
>
> JRE vendor and version and in some cases even the OS
> may be relevant too. In particular JREs on Linux tend
> to have weird bugs which had caused FOP to malfunction
> for some input in the past.
>
> J.Pietschmann
>


Indeed. I assumed that the original poster would have checked
the Java versions. I believe that the Sun JRE is the one that is
supported by the FOP developers.

I have never had a problem using the Sun
JRE on Windows or Linux. I once wasted a lot of time on Ubuntu
Linux because I did not realise that even though the Sun JRE
was installed, it was not the default. FOP did not work with
the default JRE.

Regards,
Alias John Brown.
     
_________________________________________________________________
The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: fox:external-document not showing all pages

Bonekrusher
Thanks for the help. I have verified that the machine which is having the problem is running a 64bit version of java.

java version "1.6.0_11"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_11-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0-b16, mixed mode)

We need to run FOP on a 64 bit server because our documents required about 5 gb of heap, which can not be done on our 32 bit machines...

Thanks for the help
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: fox:external-document not showing all pages

Pascal Sancho
FOP behaves correctly on both 32 and 64bits JVM.
You should check if the application embedding FOP is x64 compatible (we
run FOP under Jboss, and there are 2 versions of Jboss: 32 bits Vs 64bits).
Pascal

bonekrusher a écrit :

> Thanks for the help. I have verified that the machine which is having the
> problem is running a 64bit version of java.
>
> java version "1.6.0_11"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_11-b03)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0-b16, mixed mode)
>
> We need to run FOP on a 64 bit server because our documents required about 5
> gb of heap, which can not be done on our 32 bit machines...
>
> Thanks for the help
>  


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: fox:external-document not showing all pages

Bonekrusher
Hi Pascal,

I am running FOP via a batch file on the server (no Jboss). FOP runs fine. I think this has something to with the FOX extension. I will continue to investigate.

Thanks,

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: fop-users-unsubscribe@xmlgraphics.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: fop-users-help@xmlgraphics.apache.org



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: fox:external-document not showing all pages

MartinRolph
Hi - Did you ever get to the bottom of the PDF only including the first page?  I'm having the same issue
Thanks
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: fox:external-document not showing all pages

Simon Steiner
Hi,

Did you try

<fo:block><fo:external-graphic src="my-doc.pdf#page=1"/></fo:block>
<fo:block><fo:external-graphic src="my-doc.pdf#page=2"/></fo:block>

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: MartinRolph [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: 23 January 2017 10:06
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: fox:external-document not showing all pages

Hi - Did you ever get to the bottom of the PDF only including the first
page?
I'm having the same issue
Thanks



--
View this message in context:
http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/fox-external-document-not-showing-al
l-pages-tp16090p44816.html
Sent from the FOP - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: fox:external-document not showing all pages

MartinRolph
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
Hi Simon,

Thanks for the response - Yes I tried that one.

I get a file not found error if I add a #page=2 suffix. The readme suggests that this doesn’t work for file/relative urls and only full http ones so I tried it via http://localhost etc..  that then resulted in an IO error. Going to the same url via a browser opened the PDF correctly so I can’t have got the url wrong



Martin Rolph

Oval

The Old Workshop, Peper Harow Park, Godalming, Surrey  GU8 6BQ
t  07769 675756
  www.ovalbusinesssolutions.co.uk


Oval Business Solutions is a trading name of Oval Systems Ltd
Registered Office: Chancery House, 30 St Johns Road ~ Woking ~ Surrey ~ GU21 7SA
Registered in England and Wales: No. 04878752

On 23 Jan 2017, at 18:32, Simon Steiner [via Apache FOP] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Did you try

<fo:block><fo:external-graphic src="my-doc.pdf#page=1"/></fo:block>
<fo:block><fo:external-graphic src="my-doc.pdf#page=2"/></fo:block>

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: MartinRolph [mailto:<a href="x-msg://40/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=44830&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]]
Sent: 23 January 2017 10:06
To: <a href="x-msg://40/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=44830&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]
Subject: Re: fox:external-document not showing all pages

Hi - Did you ever get to the bottom of the PDF only including the first
page?
I'm having the same issue
Thanks



--
View this message in context:
http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/fox-external-document-not-showing-al
l-pages-tp16090p44816.html
Sent from the FOP - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: <a href="x-msg://40/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=44830&amp;i=2" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: <a href="x-msg://40/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=44830&amp;i=3" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: <a href="x-msg://40/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=44830&amp;i=4" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: <a href="x-msg://40/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=44830&amp;i=5" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/fox-external-document-not-showing-all-pages-tp16090p44830.html
To unsubscribe from fox:external-document not showing all pages, click here.
NAML



This email (including any files transmitted with it) is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Oval Business Solutions.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error please notify Oval Business Solutions by telephone on +44 (0)1483 239 710 or email [hidden email].  While every precaution has been taken to minimise risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses.  You are strongly advised to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.
Loading...