fop to rtf

Jon Alegria Esarte
I read in the fop web page that that soon will be possible to integrate rtf with fop. When it will be possible this, because i read it some moths ago.
Is there any new?

Re: fop to rtf

Jeremias Maerki
If you download the source code from CVS (tag: HEAD) and compile FOP you
can already try today. But there's no official release, yet, and the
code might need some additional work. But it does something! :-) So try
it.

On 06.05.2005 17:17:25 Jon Alegria Esarte wrote:
> I read in the fop web page that that soon will be possible to integrate
> rtf with fop. When it will be possible this, because i read it some
> moths ago.
> Is there any new?
> Thanks

Jeremias Maerki

Re: fop to rtf

Jon Alegria Esarte
Ok Thanks.

> If you download the source code from CVS (tag: HEAD) and compile FOP you
> can already try today. But there's no official release, yet, and the
> code might need some additional work. But it does something! :-) So try
> it.
>
> On 06.05.2005 17:17:25 Jon Alegria Esarte wrote:
> > I read in the fop web page that that soon will be possible to integrate
> > rtf with fop. When it will be possible this, because i read it some
> > moths ago.
> > Is there any new?
> > Thanks
>

> Jeremias Maerki

Re: fop to rtf

Deirdre Saoirse Moen
On Fri, 6 May 2005, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> If you download the source code from CVS (tag: HEAD) and compile FOP
> you can already try today. But there's no official release, yet, and
> the code might need some additional work. But it does something! :-)
> So try it.

This is VERY exciting!

--
_Deirdre  web: http://deirdre.net        blog: http://deirdre.org/blog/
yarn: http://fuzzyorange.com    cat's blog: http://fuzzyorange.com/vsd/

Re: fop to rtf

Jeremias Maerki
Just so we are clear on one thing: The RTF output support in FOP (CVS
HEAD) does not require the new layout engine currently under development.
That's why it's already usable today. For output formats like PDF and
PostScript you have to give as some more time to produce something
"usable". :-) Or better yet, come and help us in the development. There
are a number of places where interested parties can help, even without
having to deal with the complexities of the layout engine.

BTW, currently we don't have anyone maintaining the RTF support. It's a
priority for me but I'm drowned in work on the more important layout
engine. Still, I'd be happy to help anyone who would like to improve on
the RTF support (or any other part for that matter).

On 07.05.2005 03:25:58 Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:
> On Fri, 6 May 2005, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> > If you download the source code from CVS (tag: HEAD) and compile FOP
> > you can already try today. But there's no official release, yet, and
> > the code might need some additional work. But it does something! :-)
> > So try it.
>
> This is VERY exciting!

Jeremias Maerki