fop-pdf-images upgrade in line with FOP 2.0

fop-pdf-images upgrade in line with FOP 2.0

Mark Gibson

Hi,

Is there any plans on releasing a version of fop-pdf-images in line with the fop 2.0 release?  The current binary release of fop-pdf-images has been built against fop 1.1

Thanks

Mark

Re: fop-pdf-images upgrade in line with FOP 2.0

Chris Bowditch
Hi Mark,

Sadly not. The trunk version of fop-pdf-images depends on PDFBox v2.0.0,
and since PDFBox are not releasing v2, it makes it necessary to use a
snapshot version. An official Apache release is not supposed to depend
on a snapshot version. So we are waiting for PDFBox to release, and have
been for nearly a year now :-(

Chris

On 28/07/2015 17:33, Mark Gibson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any plans on releasing a version of fop-pdf-images in line
> with the fop 2.0 release?  The current binary release of
> fop-pdf-images has been built against fop 1.1
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

RE: fop-pdf-images upgrade in line with FOP 2.0

Mark Gibson
Thanks for the response Chris

I've spent some time trawling the PDFBox mailing lists and JIRA, and it looks like they may be on the cusp of surprising us with a 2.0.0 release or release candidate.

If we get a PDFBox 2.0.0 release version, what is the apetite for making fop-pdf-images 2.0 available?

Thanks
Mark

Sadly not. The trunk version of fop-pdf-images depends on PDFBox v2.0.0, and since PDFBox are not releasing v2, it makes it necessary to use a snapshot version. An official Apache release is not supposed to depend on a snapshot version. So we are waiting for PDFBox to release, and have been for nearly a year now :-(

Chris

On 28/07/2015 17:33, Mark Gibson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any plans on releasing a version of fop-pdf-images in line
> with the fop 2.0 release?  The current binary release of
> fop-pdf-images has been built against fop 1.1
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

Re: fop-pdf-images upgrade in line with FOP 2.0

Chris Bowditch
Hi Mark,

If PDF 2.0.0 is ever released we will want to release an update to the
FOP PDF Images plug-in.

Thanks,

Chris