fop pdf image - is there a plan to officially release?

fop pdf image - is there a plan to officially release?

Mark Gibson
Hi,

As I understood it, the fop pdf image plugin could not be released formally until PDF Box 2.0 was formally released.  I see that PDF Box 2.0 was released on the 18th March.  Are there any plans for now releasing the fop pdf image plugin, and having the release versions available from maven central?

Many thanks
Mark

RE: fop pdf image - is there a plan to officially release?

Simon Steiner
Hi,

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2562

I will try to finish my changes for pdfbox 2.

Thanks

RE: fop pdf image - is there a plan to officially release?

Mark Gibson
That's great.  Thanks Simon,

Just to help us with our planning, can you give a rough gauge of how long?  A week? a month? Longer?  This will help us decide whether to wait or start building off of fop-pdf-images trunk ourselves.

Thanks
Mark

I will try to finish my changes for pdfbox 2.

Thanks

As I understood it, the fop pdf image plugin could not be released formally until PDF Box 2.0 was formally released.  I see that PDF Box 2.0 was released on the 18th March.  Are there any plans for now releasing the fop pdf image plugin, and having the release versions available from maven central?

Many thanks
Mark

RE: fop pdf image - is there a plan to officially release?

Simon Steiner
Hi,

FOP needs changing to work with new pdfbox, therefore a new release of fop,
so I would guess longer than a month.

Thanks

I will try to finish my changes for pdfbox 2.

Thanks

RE: fop pdf image - is there a plan to officially release?

Mark Gibson
Hi Simon,

I see the ticket is closed.  Has the work been merged in to an official release version of fop and fop-pdf-image yet?

Thanks
Mark

FOP needs changing to work with new pdfbox, therefore a new release of fop, so I would guess longer than a month.

Thanks

I will try to finish my changes for pdfbox 2.

Thanks

As I understood it, the fop pdf image plugin could not be released formally until PDF Box 2.0 was formally released.  I see that PDF Box 2.0 was released on the 18th March.  Are there any plans for now releasing the fop pdf image plugin, and having the release versions available from maven central?

Many thanks
Mark

RE: fop pdf image - is there a plan to officially release?

Simon Steiner
Hi,

The changes are in trunk, I don't know when a new release will be made.

Thanks

FOP needs changing to work with new pdfbox, therefore a new release of fop,
so I would guess longer than a month.

Thanks

I will try to finish my changes for pdfbox 2.

Thanks

RE: fop pdf image - is there a plan to officially release?

Mark Gibson
Thanks for your fixes Simon.