blank page FOP 1 / FOP 2

Marc
In my FO, I have a flow starting with <fo:block
page-break-after="always"/> to generate a blank page.
In FOP 1 all is ok, but in FOP2 there is no blank page!
I have to put a &#160; into the block to generate a blank page.

I don't know which one is a bug but that different!!!

Marc

Re: blank page FOP 1 / FOP 2

Andreas Delmelle-2
Hi Marc

> On 23 Sep 2015, at 12:01, Marc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In my FO, I have a flow starting with <fo:block page-break-after="always"/> to generate a blank page.
> In FOP 1 all is ok, but in FOP2 there is no blank page!
> I have to put a &#160; into the block to generate a blank page.
>
> I don't know which one is a bug but that different!!!

That is a regression indeed. If you want to know the background, it was discussed at length here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2060

Focus mainly on the most recently added comments (last June).

Briefly put: It should indeed yield an "empty" page --that is: a page containing nothing but the empty block-- without needing to insert a NBSP.

I have not yet checked whether this has been fixed in FOP trunk in the meantime.

Greetz

Andreas