area contents overflows area in line

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

area contents overflows area in line

Luis Cañas
Hi all,
I'm trying to compile[1] a valid [2] Docbook document (it works fine
with docbook2pdf). But after a while appears this error eternally:

[INFO] area contents overflows area in line
[INFO] area contents overflows area in line
[INFO] area contents overflows area in line
....

Some weeks ago, one of you suggest me that this error was provoked by
something is too big to fit in its allocated space.
I tried again simplifying as much as possible the document and its text.
Now I tried with only two chapter files and the error still appears when
this part tries to reference the another chapter:

- chapterA references to a section in the chapterB
<row>
        ..
          <entry><xref linkend="sect-introduccion-definicion"/></entry>
        ..
</row>

- chapterB and its referenced section
<section id="sect-introduccion-definicion">
      <title>Definicion</title>
     
      <para> ....

I sent the shortest example I had tested, I hope anyone can take a look
at the files.

Thanks in advance! :)
Cheers. luis.


[1] fop + nwalsh stylesheets:
fop -xsl /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/fo/docbook.xsl -xml
sobre.xml -pdf doc.pdf


[2] "onsgmls -wxml -s sobre.xml" returns no error


--
Luis Cañas Díaz - URJC(Madrid)
[hidden email]      0>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//)~~~~~~~~~~~
Edukalibre project: http://edukalibre.org
personal: http://gsyc.escet.urjc.es/~lcanas

guia.xml (2K) Download Attachment
introduccion.xml (2K) Download Attachment
sobre.xml (532 bytes) Download Attachment
signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: area contents overflows area in line

gmazza
Luis Ca?as wrote:

>Hi all,
>I'm trying to compile[1] a valid [2] Docbook document (it works fine
>with docbook2pdf). But after a while appears this error eternally:
>
>[INFO] area contents overflows area in line
>[INFO] area contents overflows area in line
>[INFO] area contents overflows area in line
>....
>
>Some weeks ago, one of you suggest me that this error was provoked by
>something is too big to fit in its allocated space.
>  
>

But is it really an error though?  How does the output look?  FOP 0.20.5
is very chatty when you run Docbook, and those are just [INFO]
statements.  It could be something internally (and erroneously)
prompting those messages unrelated to your input FO document.

Glen


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: area contents overflows area in line

J.Pietschmann
Glen Mazza wrote:

>> I'm trying to compile[1] a valid [2] Docbook document (it works fine
>> with docbook2pdf). But after a while appears this error eternally:
>>
>> [INFO] area contents overflows area in line
>> [INFO] area contents overflows area in line
>> [INFO] area contents overflows area in line
>> ....
>>
>> Some weeks ago, one of you suggest me that this error was provoked by
>> something is too big to fit in its allocated space.
>
> But is it really an error though?

Yes, it is, most likely either a table column or a list-item-label
which is too narrow to fit even the first character of the content.
Because the DocBook style sheets try to compute column and list
item label widths automatically, there is not much one can do (short
of extensive customization and/or perhaps using a smaller font size)

Note that DocBook validity means a valid XML structure, which has
nothing to do with whether the output of the DocBook style sheets
make sense typographically. FOP shouldn't get into loop, but that's
another story.

J.Pietschmann

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: area contents overflows area in line

Luis Cañas
In reply to this post by gmazza
El mar, 17-05-2005 a las 08:27 -0400, Glen Mazza escribió:

> Luis Cañas wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >I'm trying to compile[1] a valid [2] Docbook document (it works fine
> >with docbook2pdf). But after a while appears this error eternally:
> >
> >[INFO] area contents overflows area in line
> >[INFO] area contents overflows area in line
> >[INFO] area contents overflows area in line
> >....
> >
> >Some weeks ago, one of you suggest me that this error was provoked by
> >something is too big to fit in its allocated space.
> >  
> >
>
> But is it really an error though?  How does the output look?  
There is no output, only the eternal error. The .pdf generated is wrong,
I can't open it.

Cheers
--
Luis Cañas Díaz - URJC(Madrid)
[hidden email]      0>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//)~~~~~~~~~~~
Edukalibre project: http://edukalibre.org
personal: http://gsyc.escet.urjc.es/~lcanas

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment