any plans of an FOP 2.2 release any time soon

any plans of an FOP 2.2 release any time soon

Vishnu K
Hi , I am new to FOP mailing list.. I would like to ask will there be an FOP 2.2 release sooner ?

regards
vishnu.

Re: any plans of an FOP 2.2 release any time soon

Glenn Adams-2
We do not have a schedule yet for a 2.2 release.

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Vishnu K <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi , I am new to FOP mailing list.. I would like to ask will there be an FOP 2.2 release sooner ?

regards
vishnu.

RE: any plans of an FOP 2.2 release any time soon

Mark Gibson

For some of us, it’s not appropriate to take the development branch.  However, we are really keen to get the next release version of FOP so we can use the fix for the PDF image plug-in.

I appreciate the nature of these mainly volunteer led apache projects.  However, I would like to encourage you to prioritise slightly more regular releases …. Delivering little and often.

Thanks

Mark

Re: any plans of an FOP 2.2 release any time soon

Pascal Sancho-2
Hi,

FOP active team is quite little, so having a release plan will not
help. As FOP is open source, volunteers are welcome to help.

--
pascal

Re: any plans of an FOP 2.2 release any time soon

Vishnu K
 I second Mark.. I am specifically interested in memory leak fix https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2525,  but our guidelines doesn't allow me to patch the fix myself..

Also is there a formal test bucket that anyone can run against a specific 2.2.0 snapshot to see how stable the snapshot is ?

vishnu.

--
pascal

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 10:55 PM, Vishnu K <[hidden email]> wrote:
 I second Mark.. I am specifically interested in memory leak fix https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2525,  but our guidelines doesn't allow me to patch the fix myself..

Also is there a formal test bucket that anyone can run against a specific 2.2.0 snapshot to see how stable the snapshot is ?

The CI system that builds FOP [1] (whenever a build is triggered) runs the FOP test suite, reporting an regression that occurs. Actually, any test failure results in a build failure. At present, there are 2,841 tests enabled.

--
pascal