Xerces and Xalan dependency

Jan Tosovsky
Dear All,

as we abandon the support for legacy JDK versions, we could also consider
removing some FOP dependencies, especially Xerces and Xalan, which
functionality is bundled in JDK.

What do you think?

Jan

Re: Xerces and Xalan dependency

Chris Bowditch
Hi Jan,

Yes that seems reasonable to me.

Thanks,

Chris

On 10/04/2019 19:42, Jan Tosovsky wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> as we abandon the support for legacy JDK versions, we could also consider
> removing some FOP dependencies, especially Xerces and Xalan, which
> functionality is bundled in JDK.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Jan
>

> .

Re: Xerces and Xalan dependency

jharrop
But the Xalan in the JDK is xsltc only, right?  Does that matter to FOP?

On 2019-04-14 [hidden email] wrote:

> > On 2019-04-11 Chris Bowditch wrote:
> > > On 10/04/2019 19:42, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> > >
> > > ... we could also consider removing some FOP dependencies, especially
> > > Xerces and Xalan, which functionality is bundled in JDK.
> >
> > Yes that seems reasonable to me.
>
> But the Xalan in the JDK is xsltc only, right?  Does that matter to FOP?
>
> https://marc.info/?l=xalan-dev&m=155470533614986&w=2

Personally I would even remove that convenient built-in XSLT pre-processing (together with removing -xml/-xsl cmdline params) for the next major FOP version. It could clarify it is not FOP who to blame in case of XSLT related issues.

Jan