[VOTE] Merge Temp_Avalon to trunk

Simon Steiner
Hi,

Chris West and Thomas Pasch submitted a patch to remove Avalon, since this
dependency is no longer maintained and doesn't compile under Java 9.
The vote will last 5 working days, ending next Tuesday.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2733
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_Avalon/

Here is my vote: +1

Re: [VOTE] Merge Temp_Avalon to trunk

Matthias Reischenbacher
+1

On 15.01.2019 07:48, Simon Steiner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Chris West and Thomas Pasch submitted a patch to remove Avalon, since this
> dependency is no longer maintained and doesn't compile under Java 9.
> The vote will last 5 working days, ending next Tuesday.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2733
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_Avalon/
>
> Here is my vote: +1
>
> Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Merge Temp_Avalon to trunk

Chris Bowditch
+1

On 15/01/2019 10:48, Simon Steiner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Chris West and Thomas Pasch submitted a patch to remove Avalon, since this
> dependency is no longer maintained and doesn't compile under Java 9.
> The vote will last 5 working days, ending next Tuesday.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2733
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_Avalon/
>
> Here is my vote: +1
>
> Thanks
>

> .

Re: [VOTE] Merge Temp_Avalon to trunk

Clay Leeds-2
+1

Should this happen on general@?

Clay

"My religion is simple. My religion is kindness."
- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet

> On Jan 15, 2019, at 2:48 AM, Simon Steiner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Chris West and Thomas Pasch submitted a patch to remove Avalon, since this
> dependency is no longer maintained and doesn't compile under Java 9.
> The vote will last 5 working days, ending next Tuesday.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2733
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_Avalon/
>
> Here is my vote: +1
>
> Thanks

RE: [VOTE] Merge Temp_Avalon to trunk

Simon Steiner
Hi,

Normally I use fop dev for fop bugs and general when doing a fop release.

Thanks

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Chris West and Thomas Pasch submitted a patch to remove Avalon, since
> this dependency is no longer maintained and doesn't compile under Java 9.
> The vote will last 5 working days, ending next Tuesday.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2733
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_Avalon/
>
> Here is my vote: +1
>
> Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Merge Temp_Avalon to trunk

Clay Leeds-2
Thanks Simon (& Chris West and Thomas Pasch!),

It looks like this VOTE actually succeeded. I count 4 +1s and no -1s.

What's the next step? Will there be a release, or is this just a PATCH we support in TRUNK/HEAD?

Warm regards,

Clay Leeds  -  [hidden email]
"My religion is simple. My religion is kindness."
HH the Dalai Lama of Tibet

On Jan 16, 2019, at 3:26 AM, Simon Steiner <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Normally I use fop dev for fop bugs and general when doing a fop release.

Thanks

RE: [VOTE] Merge Temp_Avalon to trunk

Simon Steiner

Hi,

Changes were put into trunk, next release of fop will be made hopefully in 2019.

Thanks