Unable to Process Large Pragraph

sripathi
Hi All,

 My document having a large paragraph(nearly 100 pages), FOP2.0 is unable to process this document.I know, i shouldn't give this much large para, but it is user requirement. Fop throwing OOM(Out Of Memory Exception), when it is calculating the breaking points for this large paragraph. Is there any XSL option is there to resolve this.

Regards,
Sripathi

Re: Unable to Process Large Pragraph

Andreas Delmelle-2

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 4:22 PM, sripathi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>  My document having a large paragraph(nearly 100 pages), FOP2.0 is unable to
> process this document.I know, i shouldn't give this much large para, but it
> is user requirement. Fop throwing OOM(Out Of Memory Exception), when it is
> calculating the breaking points for this large paragraph.

> Is there any XSL option is there to resolve this.

> On 19 Oct 2015, at 16:40, Luis Bernardo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I assume you are putting a very large string inside a fo:block. Break the string into pieces and put a </fo:block><fo:block> in between the pieces.

What Luis said is the only viable fix for now.
Another way to achieve the same, and which basically comes down to the same thing, but may be easier to implement, would be to insert forced linefeeds at certain places in the text. Make sure that the linefeed-treatment property is set to "preserve" on the fo:block.

At any rate, fixing this issue within FOP itself is definitely not something to expect in the short term, as it would require a rather invasive overhaul of the line/page breaking interaction.

HTH!

KR

Andreas