Text fill color in external SVG is not preserved

Text fill color in external SVG is not preserved

Jan Tosovsky
Hello Everyone,

I use external graphics (SVG) in my FO document and when it is processed
with FOP, color definition of some texts is ignored (they are black in the
output).
I can see the correct result in common browsers as well as in the Batik
Squiggle utility.
I think it is somehow connected to the transformation. Especially it happens
at third sibling of the same group.

Reduced SVG test case with FO file and final FOP output can be found at
http://hroska.cz/other/test_case_fill.zip

I use Fop - nightly build on Win7/64 bit + Java 6.

All the a, b, c, d labels should be red (first two are red, the rest is
black)
All the Text (1, 2, 3) should be white (first two are white, the third is
black)

Is there any workaround?

Regards,
Jan

Re: Text fill color in external SVG is not preserved

Andreas Delmelle-2
On 13 Jun 2011, at 21:50, honyk wrote:

Hi Jan

> I use external graphics (SVG) in my FO document and when it is processed
> with FOP, color definition of some texts is ignored (they are black in the
> output).
> I can see the correct result in common browsers as well as in the Batik
> Squiggle utility.
> I think it is somehow connected to the transformation. Especially it happens
> at third sibling of the same group.
>
> Reduced SVG test case with FO file and final FOP output can be found at
> http://hroska.cz/other/test_case_fill.zip
>
> I use Fop - nightly build on Win7/64 bit + Java 6.

Strange indeed. Thanks for the test case. I can confirm the issue on OS X / Java 6.
I did a quick debug in o.a.f.svg.NativeTextPainter, and watching the GlyphVectors' TextPaintInfos, the fillPaint seems to be correct for all TextRuns. I do not have the time to dig deeper right now, but this definitely looks like a bug.
Would you mind entering a Bugzilla report(*), and attaching your test case there, so we do not lose track of it? Thanks!

(*) https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fop

> All the a, b, c, d labels should be red (first two are red, the rest is
> black)
> All the Text (1, 2, 3) should be white (first two are white, the third is
> black)
>
> Is there any workaround?

None that I know of... Anyone?

Regards

Andreas
---

Re: Text fill color in external SVG is not preserved

Matthias Reischenbacher
Hi Jan,

> I use external graphics (SVG) in my FO document and when it is processed
> with FOP, color definition of some texts is ignored (they are black in the
> output).
> I can see the correct result in common browsers as well as in the Batik
> Squiggle utility.
> I think it is somehow connected to the transformation. Especially it happens
> at third sibling of the same group.
>
> Reduced SVG test case with FO file and final FOP output can be found at
> http://hroska.cz/other/test_case_fill.zip
>
> I use Fop - nightly build on Win7/64 bit + Java 6.
>
> All the a, b, c, d labels should be red (first two are red, the rest is
> black)
> All the Text (1, 2, 3) should be white (first two are white, the third is
> black)

I believe this issue is caused by the commit of rev 1095887. I've
already reported to the commiter (Jeremias) which, I think, is working
on a fix. But you might want to create a bugzilla entry anyway as
Andreas suggested.

> Is there any workaround?

If you are familiar with svn und building FOP, you can locally undo the
change from the mentioned revision and just re-build FOP.

Best regards,
Matthias Reischenbacher

On 14 Jun 2011, at 02:10, Matthias Reischenbacher wrote:

>> <snip />
>> I use Fop - nightly build on Win7/64 bit + Java 6.
>>
>> All the a, b, c, d labels should be red (first two are red, the rest is
>> black)
>> All the Text (1, 2, 3) should be white (first two are white, the third is
>> black)
>
> I believe this issue is caused by the commit of rev 1095887. I've already reported to the commiter (Jeremias) which, I think, is working on a fix. But you might want to create a bugzilla entry anyway as Andreas suggested.

Just in case anyone missed it: Jeremias committed the fix to FOP trunk today, so the next nightly build should work. I have verified locally that the supplied sample now renders as expected.

Thanks, Jeremias!

Regards

Andreas
---

RE: Text fill color in external SVG is not preserved

Jan Tosovsky
Yes, I can confirm it as well. I've uploaded nightbuild version and it works
as expected!
Thanks a lot for quick fixing.

Regards,
Jan