TM text is replaced with superscript - trademark symbol

cen

TM text is replaced with superscript - trademark symbol

cen
Hi

I stumbled upon a weird situation where a simple text "TM" gets
automatically converted to superscript position as if it was the
trademark symbol, when rendered.

For example, <fo:inline>TM</fo:inline> in PDF gets rendered as seen in
the attachment.

I noticed that this only happens when using a specific OCR font and not
with regular fonts like Courier.

I had a hard time to even figure out what to search for on google and I
haven't seen anything like this mentioned in the FOP documentation.

Anyone has an idea what this is and how to disable it?

Best regards, cen

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 22.14.39.png (6K) Download Attachment

Re: TM text is replaced with superscript - trademark symbol

Chris Bowditch
Hi,

Seems like the result of a lookup table in your font similar to
ligatures, which convert groups of characters into other characters.
Especially since you mention the issue is specific to the font. You can
try turning off complex script support if you don't need it, as outlined
at [1]

Thanks

Chris

[1]
https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/complexscripts.html#Disabling-complex-scripts

cen

Re: TM text is replaced with superscript - trademark symbol

cen
Incredible, thanks for the hint.

Disabling complex scripts does indeed work. I also opened the font in
FontForge and found the (TM) ligature exactly as you said.

Thanks for help, learned something new today about fonts.