Scaling image problem

Beugnier, Ronny (IP&Science)

Hi,

I am looking for a way that an image scales to fit the page. I have tried various solutions but non worked.

The image on the page is too big to fit the page so it is not shown entirely. How can I scale in fop to see the full image on the image ?

Many Thanks !

Ronny

test.png (70K) Download Attachment
template.xsl (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Scaling image problem

Terence M. Bandoian
On 10/11/2017 9:39 AM, Beugnier, Ronny (IP&Science) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a way that an image scales to fit the page. I have
> tried various solutions but non worked.
>
> The image on the page is too big to fit the page so it is not shown
> entirely. How can I scale in fop to see the full image on the image ?
>
> Many Thanks !
>
> Ronny

Hi, Ronny-

In my case, I was able set the width (only the width) of the
<fo:external-graphic> element to a value in inches.

-Terence Bandoian
  http://www.tmbsw.com/

RE: Scaling image problem

Beugnier, Ronny (IP&Science)
Thanks for the feedback !

But I do not know the width since it is not always the same image.

I also  tried scale-down-to-fit but could not get it to work.

On 10/11/2017 10:28 AM, Beugnier, Ronny (IP&Science) wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback !
>
> But I do not know the width since it is not always the same image.
>
> I also  tried scale-down-to-fit but could not get it to work.

In the software that generates the XML to be transformed, I read the
image size and calculate the desired width - in inches - so that the
image will fit on the page.

-Terence

Re: Scaling image problem

Szeak (Register Man)
Hi

Try the scaling=uniform and content-width attributes. Séta content-width tó the neked is 210mm forint a4 page, or Minus border.

If you dont know which length fills better the page (w or h) there is not a known solution to calculate it.

Best regards Szeak