Remove LayoutManager.getWordChars(StringBuffer, Position, Position)?

Remove LayoutManager.getWordChars(StringBuffer, Position, Position)?

gmazza
Team,

We have a three-parameter LayoutManager.getWordChars() [1], of which
only TextLayoutManager has a meaningful implementation.  It is not
called anywhere--the only version in use today is a two-parameter
getWordChars(SB, Position) from LM's InlineLevelLayoutManager
subinterface.  I'm almost certain we can get rid of it--it will be a
goner tomorrow unless I hear complaints.

Thanks,
Glen

[1] void getWordChars(StringBuffer sbChars, Position bp1, Position bp2);

Re: Remove LayoutManager.getWordChars(StringBuffer, Position, Position)?

Simon Pepping
On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 10:56:14PM -0400, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Team,
>
> We have a three-parameter LayoutManager.getWordChars() [1], of which
> only TextLayoutManager has a meaningful implementation.  It is not
> called anywhere--the only version in use today is a two-parameter
> getWordChars(SB, Position) from LM's InlineLevelLayoutManager
> subinterface.  I'm almost certain we can get rid of it--it will be a
> goner tomorrow unless I hear complaints.

I seem to recall that it was used by LineLM to get the text for
hyphenation. I assume that it has been made obsolete by Luca's new
layout code, which includes hyphenation.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.nl