Region-body intruding into region-after

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Region-body intruding into region-after

Alex Milowski
I have an example document with the following layout:

  <!-- defines page layout -->
   <fo:layout-master-set>

     <!-- layout for the first page -->
     <fo:simple-page-master master-name="all"
                   page-height="11in"
                   page-width="8.5in"
                   margin-top=".5in"
                   margin-bottom=".5in"
                   margin-left=".5in"
                   margin-right=".5in">
       <fo:region-body margin-bottom=".75in"/>
       <fo:region-after extent=".5in"/>
     </fo:simple-page-master>

   </fo:layout-master-set>

Some of the pages intrude into the region-after.  I've been perusing the
website but haven't found some kind of status page that lists an object
or
property level conformance status.  Is this suppose to be working in the
current CVS trunk?

-- Alex Milowski  

"The excellence of grammar as a guide is proportional to the paucity of
the
inflexions, i.e. to the degree of analysis effected by the language
considered."

Bertrand Russell in a footnote of Principles of Mathematics

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Region-body intruding into region-after

Jeremias Maerki
Please send questions like that to the fop-users mailing list next time.
Thank you.

(comments inline)

On 11.06.2005 17:34:40 Alex Milowski wrote:

> I have an example document with the following layout:
>
>   <!-- defines page layout -->
>    <fo:layout-master-set>
>
>      <!-- layout for the first page -->
>      <fo:simple-page-master master-name="all"
>                    page-height="11in"
>                    page-width="8.5in"
>                    margin-top=".5in"
>                    margin-bottom=".5in"
>                    margin-left=".5in"
>                    margin-right=".5in">
>        <fo:region-body margin-bottom=".75in"/>
>        <fo:region-after extent=".5in"/>
>      </fo:simple-page-master>
>
>    </fo:layout-master-set>
>
> Some of the pages intrude into the region-after.  

It would have been helpful if you had provided a full FO file
demonstrating the problem. A quick test with your simple-page-master
looks fine with 0.20.5.

> I've been perusing the
> website but haven't found some kind of status page that lists an object
> or
> property level conformance status.

The comformance document you mention can be found here:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html

The features you use above are all supported in 0.20.5.

>  Is this suppose to be working in the current CVS trunk?

It should work in CVS HEAD but at the moment it is not guaranteed to do
so because we're still in the middle of development. I have seen cases
where content intruded region-after in the CVS HEAD code. This will be
fixed eventually. In 0.20.5, I know of no such problem, except if you
mess with block-containers.


Jeremias Maerki

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Region-body intruding into region-after

Alex Milowski

On Jun 13, 2005, at 6:09 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Please send questions like that to the fop-users mailing list next
> time.
> Thank you.

As I'm testing the development version and so I thought such questions
should
go here.

>
> The comformance document you mention can be found here:
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html
>
> The features you use above are all supported in 0.20.5.

Again, I'm interested in knowing the status of the CVS HEAD.

>
>>  Is this suppose to be working in the current CVS trunk?
>
> It should work in CVS HEAD but at the moment it is not guaranteed to do
> so because we're still in the middle of development. I have seen cases
> where content intruded region-after in the CVS HEAD code. This will be
> fixed eventually. In 0.20.5, I know of no such problem, except if you
> mess with block-containers.

Well, then I have an example where the CVS HEAD seems to no be working.
  Should
I submit this as an issue for tracking purposes?  I have several
sequences
of blocks that use the keep-together and that may be cause the incorrect
intrusion.


-- Alex Milowski  

"The excellence of grammar as a guide is proportional to the paucity of
the
inflexions, i.e. to the degree of analysis effected by the language
considered."

Bertrand Russell in a footnote of Principles of Mathematics


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Region-body intruding into region-after

Jeremias Maerki

On 13.06.2005 16:23:13 Alex Milowski wrote:
>
> On Jun 13, 2005, at 6:09 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> > Please send questions like that to the fop-users mailing list next
> > time.
> > Thank you.
>
> As I'm testing the development version and so I thought such questions
> should go here.

I'm sorry, Alex, that wasn't clear to me. In that case, we could argue
that this wouldn't be to wrongest place to bring it up. We just try to
channel user questions to fop-users. I hope you understand.

> >
> > The comformance document you mention can be found here:
> > http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html
> >
> > The features you use above are all supported in 0.20.5.
>
> Again, I'm interested in knowing the status of the CVS HEAD.

Me, too. :-) Seriously, if you look at [1] you'll see a task that says
we have to extend the compliance document to include the redesigned FOP.
So we don't have that kind of documentation, yet. Please help us.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/FOPProjectTasks

> >
> >>  Is this suppose to be working in the current CVS trunk?
> >
> > It should work in CVS HEAD but at the moment it is not guaranteed to do
> > so because we're still in the middle of development. I have seen cases
> > where content intruded region-after in the CVS HEAD code. This will be
> > fixed eventually. In 0.20.5, I know of no such problem, except if you
> > mess with block-containers.
>
> Well, then I have an example where the CVS HEAD seems to no be working.
>   Should
> I submit this as an issue for tracking purposes?  I have several
> sequences
> of blocks that use the keep-together and that may be cause the incorrect
> intrusion.

Yes, that would be good. Even better would be a layout engine test case
as described under [2]. Please, just don't expect any timely fixing of
any issues you report. We're not in that kind of mode, yet. We're still
in the middle of development.

[2] http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/HowToCreateLayoutEngineTests



Jeremias Maerki