Re: More table borders

Luca Furini
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> So far I can only see the brute-force method (discarding element
> lists after the break and somehow backtrack while cleverly optimizing so
> as not to create too many discarded objects - still a non-trivial thing
> over all).

Andrea's idea of "recycling" elements instead of replacing is very
interesting: I'm going to carefully look at all the examples in your wiki
page, and see if this could always be done or just in some lucky cases.

Anyway: not all the elements after the break are made "invalid", but just
the ones referring to the same row group, so they would not be many.

Regards
    Luca

Re: More table borders

Jeremias Maerki
Hmm, you're right. That should make things easier.

BTW, I've got the raw algorithm together now to handle borders and
tables and footers. Now I only have to deal with a few deals (mostly
border stuff). After that I'm happy to call a vote for merging the
branch back into HEAD.

On 09.05.2005 10:44:51 Luca Furini wrote:

> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> > So far I can only see the brute-force method (discarding element
> > lists after the break and somehow backtrack while cleverly optimizing so
> > as not to create too many discarded objects - still a non-trivial thing
> > over all).
>
> Andrea's idea of "recycling" elements instead of replacing is very
> interesting: I'm going to carefully look at all the examples in your wiki
> page, and see if this could always be done or just in some lucky cases.
>
> Anyway: not all the elements after the break are made "invalid", but just
> the ones referring to the same row group, so they would not be many.
>
> Regards
>     Luca

Jeremias Maerki