RTF with footnotes

Telmo Brugnara
Hi there

I'm trying to render footnotes to a RTF file without success. I've
opened the resulting RTF file in Microsoft Office 2010 and LibreOffice
5.1, but the footnotes appear in the end of the file. PDF footnote
rendering works fine

I'm using FOP 2.4 and the attached .fo file
(also here: https://gist.github.com/tbrugz/1f2e2280a558dd32cc47fa09d84377ee)

Is there some limitation to do this?

Regards,
Telmo

footnote-example.fo (8K) Download Attachment
foo.rtf (7K) Download Attachment

Re: RTF with footnotes

Szeak (Register Man)
Hi,

Can you share your config file what you used for rendering RTF?

I'm tried your fo without config from command line with FOP 2.4, and everything looks good.
Footnotes appears on the bottom of the first page.

Regards, Csaba

Hi there

I'm trying to render footnotes to a RTF file without success. I've
opened the resulting RTF file in Microsoft Office 2010 and LibreOffice
5.1, but the footnotes appear in the end of the file. PDF footnote
rendering works fine

I'm using FOP 2.4 and the attached .fo file
(also here: https://gist.github.com/tbrugz/1f2e2280a558dd32cc47fa09d84377ee)

Is there some limitation to do this?

Regards,
Telmo

Re: RTF with footnotes

Telmo Brugnara
Hi Csaba,

I was using FOP 2.3 and a customized XSL, but for testing purposes
I've downloaded FOP 2.4 and generated the attached RTF file from the
command line...

Since you had success rendering the RTF, I've had also tried in a
Windows machine, but the results were the same

In fact, even using the footnotes examples included in the FOP
distribution (simple.fo or columns.fo) the footnotes aren't rendered
correctly (simple.rtf attached)

Command line used:
$ fop examples/fo/footnotes/simple.fo -rtf simple.rtf

Environments tested:
- ubuntu 16.04, openjdk 1.8.0_242
- ubuntu 16.04, java 1.8.0_92
- windows server 2016, java 1.8.0_151

Regards,
Telmo

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 5:38 AM Szeak (Csaba) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you share your config file what you used for rendering RTF?
>
> I'm tried your fo without config from command line with FOP 2.4, and everything looks good.
> Footnotes appears on the bottom of the first page.
>
> Regards, Csaba
>
> Hi there
>
> I'm trying to render footnotes to a RTF file without success. I've
> opened the resulting RTF file in Microsoft Office 2010 and LibreOffice
> 5.1, but the footnotes appear in the end of the file. PDF footnote
> rendering works fine
>
> I'm using FOP 2.4 and the attached .fo file
> (also here: https://gist.github.com/tbrugz/1f2e2280a558dd32cc47fa09d84377ee)
>
> Is there some limitation to do this?
>
> Regards,
> Telmo

simple.rtf (6K) Download Attachment

Re: RTF with footnotes

Szeak (Register Man)
Hi, Telmo

Ok, it is a bit exciting, and I don't understand exactly why, but

1. If i run the same the command as you, the result is the same as yours.
2. If run the generation with the command below, the result is good. (log messages is also other than first command, represents pagination)

$ fop -fo examples/fo/footnotes/simple.fo simple.rtf
Try it!

Regards, Csaba

2020. 03. 09. 16:14 keltezéssel, Telmo Brugnara írta:
[...]

simple.rtf (10K) Download Attachment

Re: RTF with footnotes

Telmo Brugnara
Hi Csaba,

I've tried the command line, but I think that it is generating a PDF
in a file with .rtf extension (PDF must be de default renderer)

I've even tried downloading an older FOP version (1.0) but the results
were the same...

Regards,
Telmo