Questions on Spanish fonts using FOP

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Questions on Spanish fonts using FOP

Yash V
Hello there,

We are using FOP 0.20.5 to generate PDF documents that will be mailed to our customers. The FOP API is used within our custom java code. This solution was developed on our AIX servers 14 years ago and the solutions was working fine for both English and Spanish documents.

In June 2017, we migrated our servers from AIX to Linux and we noticed couple months ago that our solution was printing junk characters for accented Spanish characters. As part of our troubleshooting and analysis, we did try our solution on Windows laptop and the solution with FOP 0.20.5 is printing the accented Spanish characters perfectly. However, the same is not true on our Linux servers.

We tried to upgrade our FOP from 0.20.5 to 2.3 and we are still seeing the same behavior on Linux servers.

Any pointers on the possible solution or reason for the behavior would help us a lot in troubleshooting and fixing the solution.

FYI: Our logs does not indicate any FOP errors that point to an issue.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Yash.
(Oracle Certified Workflow Expert)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Questions on Spanish fonts using FOP

Thomas Sörensen

Perhaps the font you are using doesn’t exist in the linux dist or doesn’t support certain characters.

Try using a different font. One that you can be sure of supports the characters you are after.

Can you give a screenshot of the garbage characters and write what font you are using?

 

 

excosoft

 

Excosoft • Thomas Sörensen

Cell +46 (0)76-199 3184

Email [hidden email]

www.excosoft.se

 

From: Yash V <[hidden email]>
Sent: 04 November 2018 18:01
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Questions on Spanish fonts using FOP

 

Hello there,

 

We are using FOP 0.20.5 to generate PDF documents that will be mailed to our customers. The FOP API is used within our custom java code. This solution was developed on our AIX servers 14 years ago and the solutions was working fine for both English and Spanish documents.

 

In June 2017, we migrated our servers from AIX to Linux and we noticed couple months ago that our solution was printing junk characters for accented Spanish characters. As part of our troubleshooting and analysis, we did try our solution on Windows laptop and the solution with FOP 0.20.5 is printing the accented Spanish characters perfectly. However, the same is not true on our Linux servers.

 

We tried to upgrade our FOP from 0.20.5 to 2.3 and we are still seeing the same behavior on Linux servers.

 

Any pointers on the possible solution or reason for the behavior would help us a lot in troubleshooting and fixing the solution.

 

FYI: Our logs does not indicate any FOP errors that point to an issue.

 

--

Thanks & Regards,
Yash.
(Oracle Certified Workflow Expert)