Problem with PLC output

gabylan
The pdf output works fine but the plc doesn't.

plc output
plc output

pdf ouput
pdf output

the target-resolution is set to 300 dpi, i think this is more than enough.

any ideas to improve the quality of the plc output?

enviroment
java version 1.6.0_24
fop 2.1
Linux version 2.6.32

Re: Problem with PLC output

Szeak (Register Man)
Hi,

First of all, you mean PCL, not plc.
Target resolution is more better in 600 as 300.
Check your font settings.
I think FOP have a small bug (or something unlikely functioning) with
PCL font handling. (based on my experience)
I think the best method is to install all needed fonts to your system
(if isn't), then in FOP config at renderer section of your PCL config
("application/x-pcl" NOT "application/vnd.hp-PCL") remove any font
configuration. For PDF renderer section use auto-detect.

Best regards, Szeak

> The pdf output works fine but the plc doesn't.
>
> plc output
> <http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/file/n45362/Sin_nombre.png>
>
> pdf ouput
> <http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/file/n45362/salida.png>
>
> the target-resolution is set to 300 dpi, i think this is more than enough.
>
> any ideas to improve the quality of the plc output?
>
> enviroment
> java version 1.6.0_24
> fop 2.1
> Linux version 2.6.32