PDFA/3 validation fails because of CID font set

PDFA/3 validation fails because of CID font set

St. Kleinbaum
Hi All,

I am using Apache FOP to generate PDFA/3 Documents. I tried hard to generate a valid PDF file, but the validation always fails with many "The value of the CIDSet[...] of font EAAAAA+LiberationSans is false but must be true." error messages (I used this validator: https://www.pdf-online.com/osa/validate.aspx).

I also tried to generate the font metrics file with "-enc ansi" option. Then the generated PDF file is valid, but there is WinAnsi font support only :(

Please find an example app here: invalidFonts.zip

Thanks for your help
Stefan

RE: PDFA/3 validation fails because of CID font set

Simon Steiner
Hi,

You could try doing full embedding of the fonts as a workaround.

Thanks

<http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/file/n44900/invalidFonts.zip>

Thanks for your help
Stefan

Re: PDFA/3 validation fails because of CID font set

St. Kleinbaum
Hi,

Thanks for your answer. How can I do that?

Best
Stefan

You could try doing full embedding of the fonts as a workaround.

Thanks

I am using Apache FOP to generate PDFA/3 Documents. I tried hard to generate
a valid PDF file, but the validation always fails with many "The value of
the CIDSet[...] of font EAAAAA+LiberationSans is false but must be true."
error messages (I used this validator:
https://www.pdf-online.com/osa/validate.aspx).

I also tried to generate the font metrics file with "-enc ansi" option. Then
the generated PDF file is valid, but there is WinAnsi font support only :(

Please find an example app here:  invalidFonts.zip
<http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/file/n44900/invalidFonts.zip>

Thanks for your help
Stefan

http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/PDFA-3-validation-fails-because-of-CID-font-set-tp44900p44901.html
To unsubscribe from PDFA/3 validation fails because of CID font set, click here.
NAML

RE: PDFA/3 validation fails because of CID font set

Simon Steiner

Hi,

Eg in fop.xconf

Thanks

Re: PDFA/3 validation fails because of CID font set

St. Kleinbaum
Hi,

Thanks, this works perfectly fine in a fop 2.* project!
However, this workaround fails in a fop 1.* project. Is this a bug or is there another workaround for that?

Eg in fop.xconf

Thanks

[...]

http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/PDFA-3-validation-fails-because-of-CID-font-set-tp44900p44927.html
To unsubscribe from PDFA/3 validation fails because of CID font set, click here.
NAML

Re: PDFA/3 validation fails because of CID font set

St. Kleinbaum
Hi Simon,

thanks for you answer. When I enable full embedding of the fonts, I can generate valid pdf files (validated with https://www.pdf-online.com/osa/validate.aspx). However the validation with vera pdf (http://verapdf.org/) fails with the error message "If the FontDescriptor dictionary of an embedded CID font contains a CIDSet stream, then it shall identify all CIDs which are present in the font program, regardless of whether a CID in the font is referenced or used by the PDF or not.".

Is there a way to fix this?

Best
Stefan

Eg in fop.xconf

Thanks

NAML

RE: PDFA/3 validation fails because of CID font set

Simon Steiner

Hi,

You could raise a bug in fop jira about this, workaround could be to try another font type: otf or type1 or single-byte mode?

Thanks