Overflow at page bottom when single table with two columns breaks to multiple pages

Overflow at page bottom when single table with two columns breaks to multiple pages

Ferenc Nagy
I have a two-coumn layout using a table with a single row and two columns.
Each column contains mutiple block elements with text, the whole spreading
to multiple pages.

The problem is that there is an overflow on the bottom of page 3.
See overflow.png.

Source FO:  overflow.fo
<http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/file/t2932/overflow.fo>
Result PDF:  overflow.pdf
<http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/file/t2932/overflow.pdf>

The strange thing is that, when I add one more block to the second column
(the second cell of the table actually) the problem does not occur.
Source FO:  no-overflow.fo
<http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/file/t2932/no-overflow.fo>
Result PDF:  no-overflow.pdf
<http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/file/t2932/no-overflow.pdf>

The overflow happens also when using list-block instead of table:
Source FO:  overflow-list.fo
<http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/file/t2932/overflow-list.fo>
Result PDF:  overflow-list.pdf
<http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/file/t2932/overflow-list.pdf>

Is there any solution for this?

--
Sent from: http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/FOP-Users-f3.html

Re: Overflow at page bottom when single table with two columns breaks to multiple pages

Ferenc Nagy
This problem still blocks my work.
Does anybody know a solution for it or any workaround?

--
Sent from: http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/FOP-Users-f3.html

Re: Overflow at page bottom when single table with two columns breaks to multiple pages

Bob Stayton
I don't have a solution for you, but I did run your overflow.fo through
both Antenna House and XEP formatters and neither of them show this
problem.  So I don't think there is anything wrong with your XSL-FO.
Given that changing the content fixes it, I can only conclude that this
is a bug in FOP.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
[hidden email]