Keep Properties

Carson Reynolds-3
Greetings,

I am thinking about trying to help with the development of FOPs
implementation of keep properties. I'd noticed on the compliance page
that outside of table rows, keeps are pretty much not implemented. While
it might be quicker to do some blind-table hack in my documents, I think
I'd rather work on a more general solution.

I've looked over the design documents and done some grepping of the
source code. However, before just diving in and hacking I thought I'd
see if there were some recommendations as to how to approach coding up
this functionality.

Cheers,

-carson-

Re: Keep Properties

Chris Bowditch
Carson Reynolds wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am thinking about trying to help with the development of FOPs
> implementation of keep properties. I'd noticed on the compliance page
> that outside of table rows, keeps are pretty much not implemented. While
> it might be quicker to do some blind-table hack in my documents, I think
> I'd rather work on a more general solution.
>
> I've looked over the design documents and done some grepping of the
> source code. However, before just diving in and hacking I thought I'd
> see if there were some recommendations as to how to approach coding up
> this functionality.

Well, thanks for the offer of some help! Help is always appreciated. However,
I think you are bit late for keep-* properties as the development work is now
90% complete. If you have CVS, you can download the WIP from CVS branch
Temp_KnuthStylePageBreaking

Chris