Group number not increasing sequentially after AFP merge

Group number not increasing sequentially after AFP merge

nvyas
I have merged three AFP files using java utility which reads bytes from file and writes to Output Stream using FileOutputStream class.
The merged AFP file looks good but when TLE information is checked in Compulsive Code AFPViewer, the Group Number remains same for all merged files to GRP:PGP00001
Please let me know how can I merge the files so that GRP number should start increasing sequentially after AFP merge. Image attached
TLE Browser of AFP Merge

Any help will be appreciated

Re: Group number not increasing sequentially after AFP merge

Chris Bowditch
Hi,

Instead of using basic file operations to merge the file I suggest
researching the use of FOP's Intermediate Format [1] Merging the IF XML
instead will ensure all MOD:CA triplets, etc are named sequentially
throughout the entire merged AFP file

Thanks,

Chris

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/intermediate.html

On 14/06/2016 09:52, nvyas wrote:

> I have merged three AFP files using java utility which reads bytes from file
> and writes to Output Stream using FileOutputStream class.
> The merged AFP file looks good but when TLE information is checked in
> Compulsive Code AFPViewer, the Group Number remains same for all merged
> files to GRP:PGP00001
> Please let me know how can I merge the files so that GRP number should start
> increasing sequentially after AFP merge. Image attached
> <http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/file/n43958/AFP_Merge_TLE.jpg>
>
> Any help will be appreciated

Re: Group number not increasing sequentially after AFP merge

nvyas
Thanks for your help.
I have checked the link http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/intermediate.html
In this page references for many examples and AFP concatenation solutions are shared. But those links does not work. If possible please point me to some concatenation examples implemented using IF format