Getting Jai included for use by FOP with Maven

Getting Jai included for use by FOP with Maven

Theresa Jayne Forster

Ok, as you know I was asking how to do this and having so many problems. I resolved the problem but now have refined the issue

I was looking around and found that the gt-coverage library uses it and brings in a copy that fop can also use.

So originally I used

        <repository>

            <id>osgeo</id>

            <name>Open Source Geospatial Foundation Repository</name>

            <url>http://download.osgeo.org/webdav/geotools/</url>

        </repository>

        <dependency>

            <groupId>org.geotools</groupId>

            <artifactId>gt-coverage</artifactId>

            <version>2.7.4</version>

        </dependency>

But that pulls in extra stuff so using the maven dependency tools in netbeans I have managed to get it to this

        <repository>

            <id>osgeo</id>

            <name>Open Source Geospatial Foundation Repository</name>

            <url>http://download.osgeo.org/webdav/geotools/</url>

        </repository>

        <dependency>

            <groupId>it.geosolutions.imageio-ext </groupId>

            <artifactId>imageio-ext-tiff</artifactId>

            <version>1.0.8</version>

        </dependency>

This brings in the JAI without needing it locally.

Just thought I would detail my solution so others in the future can google it and find this solution.

Kindest regards

Theresa Forster

Senior Software Developer

Re: Getting Jai included for use by FOP with Maven

Pascal Sancho
Hi,

You can share this in the wiki/howTo section, I think this is the right
place for that:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/FrontPage

--
Pascal