---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Glenn Adams<[hidden email]> Date: Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 9:50 PM Subject: Re: Unicode support in XSL FO report To: Shashwat Mehta <[hidden email]>
Please send your inquiry to the [hidden email] ML. The fop-dev list is for developer issues.
On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Shashwat Mehta <[hidden email]> wrote:
My name is Shashwat Mehta and I am Java developer. We are working on project which uses XSL-FO reports for PDF reports from Document objects. Now, we are trying to give support unicode characters in rports. Here, we found some issues. We are using Document objects to parse stream to Transformer. Till transformer data is fine and encoded in UTF-8 format. But when we transform from xsl file it generates error that font is not supported. After some research we found that "Arial Unicode MS" font supports till Unicode 4.0 code points and the same fonts we were set in fop-configuration xml. Then we find another fonts "Symbola" which supports latest Unicode 9.0. But issue is even we set it in configuration as well as xsl file the font-family, it gives another error for "Mismatch: page-sequence (http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format) vs. root (http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format)".
Soon, we recognise this issue comes when there are lot of exception occured and main exception swallowed by another one.
Now the actual question is whole story goes fine when we use only english characters or characters till Unicode 4.0 supported. Issue occured only when we use characters above Unicode 4.0, though Symbola supports Unicode 9.0. Also helps me to understand how to solve "Mismatch : page-sequence" exception.