FOP and Avalon

jdebinder
The last question on this topic was back in 2007.  I also see a couple of more recent posts about the Maven link to Avalon 4.3.1.  I have to repeat the question about removing the dependency on Avalon.  As now even the Excalibur project has also been retired as of 2010.  I work on a product for IBM and due to security risks we are required to remove all frameworks that are no longer supported.  Since FOP depends on Avalon we will also have to remove our dependency on FOP and try to find something to replace it.

Is there any more thought to removing the dependency on the Avalon framework?

Re: FOP and Avalon

jdebinder
Thanks Glenn, it may come to that.