FOP Early Version

Williams, Greg - ETA
Message
Hi,

I am looking to download version 0.19.0 of FOP. I am toad that this version works with Oracle version 9.2.0.6.

"its not over until you win"
Les Brown

Gregory Williams
MIS Director
Oracle Certified Professional
LMIT/M&M
703-516-2215

Re: FOP Early Version

Jeremias Maerki

On 07.06.2005 16:45:42 Williams, Greg - ETA wrote:
> I am looking to download version 0.19.0 of FOP. I am toad that this version
> works with Oracle version 9.2.0.6.

Look here:
http://archive.apache.org/dist/xml/fop/source/old/

> "its not over until you win"
> Les Brown

:-) That's a good one!

Jeremias Maerki

Re: FOP Early Version

Christian Geisert
Jeremias Maerki schrieb:
> On 07.06.2005 16:45:42 Williams, Greg - ETA wrote:
>
>>I am looking to download version 0.19.0 of FOP. I am toad that this version
>>works with Oracle version 9.2.0.6.
>

> Look here:
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/xml/fop/source/old/

Uh, this is still on my todo list ;-|
I've already moved all old files to archive.apache.org but there's no
link on the download page yet.

Christian

RE: FOP Early Version

Williams, Greg - ETA
RE: FOP Early Version

I got it! Thanks.

"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he"
 Proverbs 23:7

Gregory Williams
MIS Director / OCP DBA
LMIT/M&M
703-516-2215

On 07.06.2005 16:45:42 Williams, Greg - ETA wrote:
> I am looking to download version 0.19.0 of FOP. I am toad that this
> version works with Oracle version 9.2.0.6.

Look here:
http://archive.apache.org/dist/xml/fop/source/old/

> "its not over until you win"
> Les Brown

:-) That's a good one!

Jeremias Maerki

Re: FOP Early Version

gmazza
Greg,

I don't know what you're Oracle requirements are, but I suspect later
versions will also work.  Ultimately, current production FOP 0.20.5
works with XML documents--it has no knowledge of the database or
database version used to create those XML documents.  I know that Oracle
packages in some libraries a 0.20.4 version, but FWIW I've been on FOP
for two years and you're the first I know of to be needing a version
that old.

Glen

Williams, Greg - ETA schrieb:

> I got it! Thanks.
>
> "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he"
>  Proverbs 23:7
>

> Gregory Williams
> MIS Director / OCP DBA
> LMIT/M&M
> 703-516-2215

Re: FOP Early Version

J.Pietschmann
Glen Mazza wrote:
> FOP 0.20.5 ... has no knowledge of the database or
> database version used to create those XML documents.

Oracle provides its own JRE. Older releases, which might include
the 9.2.x. series (I'm utterly confused by Oracle release numbers), both
the JVM and the RTL generally came with an uncomfortably high number of
odd bugs. It's quite possible that e.g. the switch from Vector to J2
containers made FOP fail to run.

J.Pietschmann