FOP API: AT and PDF outputs in one go

Carlos Villegas
Hi,

Using the FOP embedding API, can I get the  area tree and PDF outputs in
one go?
I need both outputs for the same input, the area tree to do some
post-processing on the PDF.
Currently I'm calling FOP twice, for the area tree, I set it to mimic
the PDF.
Isn't the area tree available (internally) while processing PDF anyway?
I'm trying to reduce the processing time.

Cheers,
Carlos

Re: FOP API: AT and PDF outputs in one go

Szeak (Register Man)
Hi,

Just an idea: why don't you use the intermediate format?
So, first render FO to intermediate format (IF), than render IF to PDF.
This is two steps but nearly the same time, as one step FO to PDF.

Bye, Szeak