Differences between AWTRenderer and PDFRender

Differences between AWTRenderer and PDFRender

senetex

Hi!

Unfortunately I noticed that the AWTRender of FOP 0.20.5 renders the XSL:FO
input different than the PDFRender (the renderer of the driver is set to
"Driver.RENDER_PDF" in the transformation source code of my own java class).

As far as I could see, the rendered columns of the PDF output are larger than
the ones of the AWT output.

I guess the following question will sound a little bit stupid, but is it
possible to solve this problem because it is very important for me, that both
rendered outputs look similar.

Greetings SeNeTeX

Re: Differences between AWTRenderer and PDFRender

J.Pietschmann
[hidden email] wrote:
> I guess the following question will sound a little bit stupid, but is it
> possible to solve this problem because it is very important for me, that both
> rendered outputs look similar.

It's probably important to quite a few people. Unfortunately, this would
require a major rewrite of the font subsystem and possibly of the AWT
renderer itself.
If you are after a WYSIWYG preview, try to get one of the embedded PDF
renderers working (e.g. xpdflib), I vaguely remember there was even a
Java one.

J.Pietschmann