Arabic text and letter join

Maxime Bégnis-2
Hello,

I'm using FOP 2.1 to generate PDF documents in Arabic. It seems that the letters that should be joined are not. Attached is a sample result PDF.

I paste here an example for the title of the document hoping it will be correctly displayed for the readers of this mail.

‫تكاليف‬ ‫سبتمبر‬

I tried different fonts (Arial and Traditional Arabic) without success. Note that the text direction is handled properly.

I would appreciate any advice on this.

BR,

NeoDoc
Maxime Bégnis
[hidden email]
Tél: +33 (0)4.42.52.24.20
789 Rue de La Gare
13770 Venelles
France

France

Re: Arabic text and letter join

Maxime Bégnis-2
Sample FO file attached.

BR,

--
NeoDoc
Maxime Bégnis

fop-2.1-letter-join.fo (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Arabic text and letter join

Glenn Adams-2
Try removing the language="ar" attribute. Also try one of the fonts listed here:

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 1:18 AM, Maxime Bégnis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sample FO file attached.

BR,

[...]

Removing the language="ar" attribute did the trick.

I made the test with "TraditionalArabic" and "Arial" with (it seems) the same correct result.

I'm waiting for a confirmation from someone that can read this language. I'll let you know.

Many thanks,

--
NeoDoc
Maxime Bégnis
Le 17/06/2016 12:29, Glenn Adams a écrit :
[...]

I have confirmation that the document is correct in any way by someone who reads the language.

Thanks again,

--
NeoDoc
Maxime Bégnis