Another SVG does not render with Batik

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Another SVG does not render with Batik

Thomas Radtke-2
Hi all,

several weeks ago I reported an SVG that does render in FOP 1.0, but doesn't in FOP 2.0. I managed to identify a clipping being the reason.

Again, I have a graphic that refuses to be rendered in Batik, this time it *might be* shading. The error message:

SEVERE: SVG graphic could not be built. Reason: org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeException: lfhy/lfhy/aufhaengung-1.svg (No such file or directory)

The path is wrong. Like last time, there is no lfhy/lfhy.

Please help. I can impossibly go through hundreds of SVGs and find workarounds. May I send the image?

Thanks,

Thomas

--


  i.A. Dr. Thomas Radtke
Technische Redaktion / Technical Writer
Tel. +49 4498 89-64

HANSA Ventilatoren- und Maschinenbau Neumann GmbH
Stockweg 19
26683 Saterland (Germany)
Phone +49 4498 890
Fax +49 4498 687
Internet: www.hansa-klima.de
E-Mail: [hidden email]
Registergericht Oldenburg, HRB 151863
Geschäftsführer: Rolf Neumann, Jan Neumann, Carsten Fenne

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Another SVG does not render with Batik

Matthias Reischenbacher
Hi,

yes, please create a JIRA bug report with a sample SVG/FO file.

Thanks,
Matthias

On 03.02.2016 07:50, Thomas Radtke wrote:
Hi all,

several weeks ago I reported an SVG that does render in FOP 1.0, but doesn't in FOP 2.0. I managed to identify a clipping being the reason.

Again, I have a graphic that refuses to be rendered in Batik, this time it *might be* shading. The error message:

SEVERE: SVG graphic could not be built. Reason: org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeException: lfhy/lfhy/aufhaengung-1.svg (No such file or directory)

The path is wrong. Like last time, there is no lfhy/lfhy.

Please help. I can impossibly go through hundreds of SVGs and find workarounds. May I send the image?

Thanks,

Thomas

--


  i.A. Dr. Thomas Radtke
Technische Redaktion / Technical Writer
Tel. +49 4498 89-64

HANSA Ventilatoren- und Maschinenbau Neumann GmbH
Stockweg 19
26683 Saterland (Germany)
Phone +49 4498 890
Fax +49 4498 687
Internet: www.hansa-klima.de
E-Mail: [hidden email]
Registergericht Oldenburg, HRB 151863
Geschäftsführer: Rolf Neumann, Jan Neumann, Carsten Fenne


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Another SVG does not render with Batik

Thomas Radtke-2
Thank you Matthias!

It is similar to BATIK-672, apparently unresolved since 2006-11. I'll see if I can just use the old library that worked and nonetheless keep a recent FOP. If that fails, I'll file a new bug report.

Thomas

Am 03.02.2016 um 12:05 schrieb Matthias Reischenbacher:
Hi,

yes, please create a JIRA bug report with a sample SVG/FO file.

Thanks,
Matthias

On 03.02.2016 07:50, Thomas Radtke wrote:
Hi all,

several weeks ago I reported an SVG that does render in FOP 1.0, but doesn't in FOP 2.0. I managed to identify a clipping being the reason.

Again, I have a graphic that refuses to be rendered in Batik, this time it *might be* shading. The error message:

SEVERE: SVG graphic could not be built. Reason: org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeException: lfhy/lfhy/aufhaengung-1.svg (No such file or directory)

The path is wrong. Like last time, there is no lfhy/lfhy.

Please help. I can impossibly go through hundreds of SVGs and find workarounds. May I send the image?

Thanks,

Thomas

--


  i.A. Dr. Thomas Radtke
Technische Redaktion / Technical Writer
Tel. +49 4498 89-64

HANSA Ventilatoren- und Maschinenbau Neumann GmbH
Stockweg 19
26683 Saterland (Germany)
Phone +49 4498 890
Fax +49 4498 687
Internet: www.hansa-klima.de
E-Mail: [hidden email]
Registergericht Oldenburg, HRB 151863
Geschäftsführer: Rolf Neumann, Jan Neumann, Carsten Fenne




--


  i.A. Dr. Thomas Radtke
Technische Redaktion / Technical Writer
Tel. +49 4498 89-64

HANSA Ventilatoren- und Maschinenbau Neumann GmbH
Stockweg 19
26683 Saterland (Germany)
Phone +49 4498 890
Fax +49 4498 687
Internet: www.hansa-klima.de
E-Mail: [hidden email]
Registergericht Oldenburg, HRB 151863
Geschäftsführer: Rolf Neumann, Jan Neumann, Carsten Fenne

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Another SVG does not render with Batik

Thomas Radtke-2
Am 03.02.2016 um 12:27 schrieb Thomas Radtke:

It is similar to BATIK-672, apparently unresolved since 2006-11. I'll see if I can just use the old library that worked and nonetheless keep a recent FOP. If that fails, I'll file a new bug report.

Sorry for another post on this. Just in case other users will run into the same problem:

It appears the problem goes away when placing all images in the base directory. That's an ugly workaround, but an easy one as by chance I have unique filenames. And yes, those SVGs are concerned that contain links to other parts of the image in the same file, be it shading data or mask data.

N.B.: I tried different <base> content in fop.xconf as well as no <base> at all.

Thomas
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Another SVG does not render with Batik

Alexey Kanakhin
This post was updated on .
Thomas Radtke-2 wrote
Am 03.02.2016 um 12:27 schrieb Thomas Radtke:
It appears the problem goes away when placing all images in the base
directory. That's an ugly workaround, but an easy one as by chance I
have unique filenames.
If you are using Docbook XSL stylesheets there is another workaround.
You can use img.src.path parameter and put absolute path to images into this parameter.
For example:
<xsl:param name="img.src.path">/path/to/project/images/</xsl:param>

You can also change this parameter from command line.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Another SVG does not render with Batik

Clay Leeds-2
On Apr 12, 2016, at 12:44 AM, Alexey Kanakhin <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Thomas Radtke-2 wrote
>> Am 03.02.2016 um 12:27 schrieb Thomas Radtke:
>> It appears the problem goes away when placing all images in the base
>> directory. That's an ugly workaround, but an easy one as by chance I
>> have unique filenames.
>
> If you are using XSL stylesheets there is another workaround.
> You can use img.src.path parameter and put absolute path to images into this
> parameter.
> For example:
> <xsl:param name="img.src.path">/path/to/project/images/</xsl:param>
>
> You can also change this parameter from command line.

Could you also use img.src.path and img.src.path2 & img.src.path3 in the same fashion?

<xsl:param name="img.src.path">/path/to/project/images/</xsl:param>

<xsl:param name="img.src.path2">/path/to/project/some/otherimages/</xsl:param>

<xsl:param name="img.src.path3">/path/to/project/yet/another/images/folder/</xsl:param>

Clay
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Another SVG does not render with Batik

Bob Stayton
 From the name of the param 'img.src.path' it seems you are talking
about the DocBook XSL stylesheets.  That parameter is defined and used
in the stylesheet for image processing.  If it is DocBook XSL, then
trying to use img.src.path2 and such would not work because they are not
defined and used in the stylesheet.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
[hidden email]

On 4/12/2016 5:37 AM, Clay Leeds wrote:

> On Apr 12, 2016, at 12:44 AM, Alexey Kanakhin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thomas Radtke-2 wrote
>>> Am 03.02.2016 um 12:27 schrieb Thomas Radtke:
>>> It appears the problem goes away when placing all images in the base
>>> directory. That's an ugly workaround, but an easy one as by chance I
>>> have unique filenames.
>>
>> If you are using XSL stylesheets there is another workaround.
>> You can use img.src.path parameter and put absolute path to images into this
>> parameter.
>> For example:
>> <xsl:param name="img.src.path">/path/to/project/images/</xsl:param>
>>
>> You can also change this parameter from command line.
>
> Could you also use img.src.path and img.src.path2 & img.src.path3 in the same fashion?
>
> <xsl:param name="img.src.path">/path/to/project/images/</xsl:param>
>
> <xsl:param name="img.src.path2">/path/to/project/some/otherimages/</xsl:param>
>
> <xsl:param name="img.src.path3">/path/to/project/yet/another/images/folder/</xsl:param>
>
> Clay
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Another SVG does not render with Batik

Thomas Radtke-2
Thanks Alexey, Bob, Clay,

I have extended my CMS to keep images along with group and language information (blobs within PostgreSQL), exporting them as needed to a single directory. This is a much better idea than to rely on a folder structure. I don't look back.

Best regards,

Thomas

Am 12.04.2016 um 18:12 schrieb Bob Stayton:
From the name of the param 'img.src.path' it seems you are talking about the DocBook XSL stylesheets.  That parameter is defined and used in the stylesheet for image processing.  If it is DocBook XSL, then trying to use img.src.path2 and such would not work because they are not defined and used in the stylesheet.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
[hidden email]

On 4/12/2016 5:37 AM, Clay Leeds wrote:
On Apr 12, 2016, at 12:44 AM, Alexey Kanakhin [hidden email] wrote:

Thomas Radtke-2 wrote
Am 03.02.2016 um 12:27 schrieb Thomas Radtke:
It appears the problem goes away when placing all images in the base
directory. That's an ugly workaround, but an easy one as by chance I
have unique filenames.

If you are using XSL stylesheets there is another workaround.
You can use img.src.path parameter and put absolute path to images into this
parameter.
For example:
<xsl:param name="img.src.path">/path/to/project/images/</xsl:param>

You can also change this parameter from command line.

Could you also use img.src.path and img.src.path2 & img.src.path3 in the same fashion?

<xsl:param name="img.src.path">/path/to/project/images/</xsl:param>

<xsl:param name="img.src.path2">/path/to/project/some/otherimages/</xsl:param>

<xsl:param name="img.src.path3">/path/to/project/yet/another/images/folder/</xsl:param>

Clay
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]




--


  i.A. Dr. Thomas Radtke
Technische Redaktion / Technical Writer
Tel. +49 4498 89-64

HANSA Ventilatoren- und Maschinenbau Neumann GmbH
Stockweg 19
26683 Saterland (Germany)
Phone +49 4498 890
Fax +49 4498 687
Internet: www.hansa-klima.de
E-Mail: [hidden email]
Registergericht Oldenburg, HRB 151863
Geschäftsführer: Rolf Neumann, Jan Neumann, Carsten Fenne