[ANN] Apache FOP-PDF-Images 2.2 Released

[ANN] Apache FOP-PDF-Images 2.2 Released

Simon Steiner

The Apache XML Graphics team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Apache FOP-PDF-Images Version 2.2 [1].

This package contains classes which add support using PDF images in

fo:external-graphic elements when you generate PDF files. This means you can write something like:

<fo:external-graphic src="my-doc.pdf"/>

Apache FOP-PDF-Images is published under the Apache License v2.0.

This release fixes a number of bugs. In addition the following significant functional enhancements are provided:

- Move to PDFBox 2

- Deduplicate PDF streams

- PDF to PS deduplication of images

- Remove xobj type=form

- Merge fonts (off by default)

- Support PDF shading to PS

- Merging of Tagged (Accessible) PDF

For release notes see [1]. Source and binary distributions can be downloaded from an ASF Mirror at [2]. Further download information is available at [1]. Maven artifacts for this release are available at [3].

Note, that depending on which download mirror you use, it may take up to 24 hours to see the download images at [2].

[1] https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/fop-pdf-images.html

[2] http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xmlgraphics/fop-pdf-images

[3] https://repository.apache.org/index.html#nexus-search;gav~org.apache.xmlgraphics~fop-pdf-images~2.2~~

The Apache XML Graphics team.

Re: [ANN] Apache FOP-PDF-Images 2.2 Released

Clay Leeds-2
Thank you Simon!

Warm regards,

Clay Leeds  -  [hidden email]
"My religion is simple. My religion is kindness."
HH the Dalai Lama of Tibet